Visit here to learn more about VIP Workshop.
- Become a member of our Facebook Group
- Social Video Insiders Group: a safe place for members of this course to create and publish their videos, in a supportive setting with other members.
- Assignment–Join the Facebook group and post a 1 minute video so the other members can get to know you better.
- Making a One Minute Video
- 4 components of a one minute video.
- Alex Langmesser – Video on making one minute videos. (see on page 7)
- Logan Young – Why one minute video? (see on page 7)
- Assignment – Make one minute video.
- Production vs. Post-production
- Camera, lighting, tripod and microphone.
- Learn how to screen capture for free – Wistia Soapbox.
- Free editing software – HitFilm Express.
- Learn to use Facebook auto captioning for free.
- Assignment – Record a video and upload it without editing to Facebook Page.
- Content Planning
- Know your audience.
- Know your brand – www.chirorevenue.com/PBG
- Assignment – Identify the three most important items to your brand.
- Editing Video
- Save time on editing by not recording more footage than you need.
- Use free editing software until you are proficient to ready to move to a premier software, like Camtasia,
- Adobe AfterEffects, etc.
- Assignment – Clip the head and tail of your video so there is no waste time.
Components of a WHY Video
Pro TIPS When Filming
- Once you’ve built your Topic Wheel with at least 3 topics and 3 people each for you to interview, it’s time to seed your Content Library with videos that you create.
- Start by listing out questions that you can answer in one minute. 60 seconds isn’t long, so choose topics you can properly cover in that time-frame.
- Avoid being too ambitious — break bigger topics into smaller chunks. Your audience prefers to consume many small tidbits versus sitting through a full hour of you talking, especially with 80% of these being consumed on their phones.
- If you have an iPhone, use the notes app to keep track of these topics and continue to add, as thoughts pop up. You can use a daily planner or whatever ts with your way of organizing your time.
- When you’re ready to lm, make sure you have a well-lit location. You don’t need fancy equipment, but having a pro set up doesn’t hurt. Just don’t let an apparent need for pro equipment stop you from making videos.
- Avoid using profanity if you’re planning on uploading to Facebook since the usage of profanity is against Facebook’s guidelines.